Tuesday, June 1

Desires of Your Heart

Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:3-5


I've prayed this verse many times over. Especially in my dating life. And although I'm only 27, I always knew I was meant (or wanted) a marriage. I watched a lot my friends marry well before I did, and this verse kept me going strong. Because while of course I was happy for them, I wondered why or when it would happen for me. B and I met 7 years before we started dating. Isn't that crazy when you look back on life and wonder?

Lately, I've been praying the prayer below (just a little more with v.7). I find it very similar in the term of waiting patiently ~ which isn't my cup of tea ~ but for 2very different reasons. I again always thought I wanted to be a teacher and nothing else, but it seems every year that goes by I wonder more and more if I really find joy in this profession. The troubling part is, I have no clue what else I would do. I also don't know if it's the school I am in, the position I have, or something related to my current job that maybe I could change and find the joy of teaching again.

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7)


So, that's what's on my mind right now.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am going through a 'job valley' at the moment too. But know that you are a Light to each of your children every day and you are showing kids God that might not see God any other way. You are an amazing, life changing teacher- but you would be those things no matter what you are doing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda. I know you are going through the same thing... I hope we can both figure out where we're going soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...