Wednesday, June 16

Wedding Wednesday

I have been so distracted by making wreaths I haven't had time to write in a while! While I'm still trying to figure out all the kinks in The Craft Store, I've actually had several people want monogram wreaths and sports wreaths!

---For my look-back on my wedding stuff, I'm going to share with you how I made my own table runners. We looked at all the reception place had to offer, but everything was a one-color option. Since I wanted to incorporate paisley in my wedding colors {of pink and green}, I knew I needed an extra something.

My mom and I searched for quite a while trying to find the right color paisley pink to match the Watermelon colored bridesmaid dresses. It was not easy! It was also not easy to find fabric in bulk that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

We finally found some fabric that was being discontinued. First of all I liked this because that meant no one else would have that in the future. But secondly, if we didn't measure correctly we wouldn't have enough!

We decided on placing the table runners on every other table as to not overkill the design.

Directions:
First we got the round table measurements and decided how long we wanted the runners and how wide.
Next (my mother and I do not sew...) we bought some No Sew glue from Hobby Lobby. As we cut down the length, we folded all 4 edges of the rectangle shape to make it look neat and clean. And it did actually look like we sewed!




Then I used the rest to wrap all my bridesmaid's bouquets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...