Tuesday, July 6

Bringing Out the Best

B and I got these books the other day...

They are a 'her and him' book that's separately written to each person. Our intention was to get another study to do together, but these books just kept popping into my head after we looked.
I am pleased to say I've been excited about my choice. I'm already on chapter 3 {which is huge since I hate reading and have to read something 2-3 times before I 'get it'}. It talks more of how to be a better wife and gives examples ~ which I like. The books we did during pre-marital counseling were good, but they lacked the example part and left us wondering if what we were doing was OK! It also uses scripture to remind you that it's actually God showing you how to act towards the person you've chosen to spend your life with.

I know I'm a newlywed, but in my book, it never hurts to keep working hard and continue studying even if you don't feel like you need to. Our philosophy is to continue to grow and learn together BEFORE a major problem arises to be able to dissolve it better and have the right tools in our bag. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it up...check back in a few years after kids! :)

BTW~I found a very sweet note from my hubby this morning out of nowhere and for nothing...his book must be as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...