Sunday, May 1

18 Week Update

Whoops! I kind of skipped the 17 week photo, but I haven't changed too much in the past 2 weeks. 
18 weeks down!!

Highlights:

Size: Baby is the size of a sweet potato! That's kind of big! I wanted to hold one but when I went to get into the pantry, it had grown those 'roots' and it grossed me out. :)





Gender & Name:
We don't know yet....but on Tuesday we *hopefully* will!!! I think one gender and hubby thinks the other.  We don't care which one it is one bit, I am just praying for health! Name will be coming soon since we've had them picked out for forever!

Movement: Baby is able to: yawn, hiccup, roll, twist, kick, punch, suck, and swallow. I think I've felt the baby move a little on my right side, but I am still not sure if that is what it is! *I thought it was cool that during the 17th week baby formed his/her fingerprints and toeprints! How neat!!!

Energy:  My energy is picking back up.  We've been testing all week at school, so I've been on my feet walking in circles for about 2-2 1/2 hours at a time...so that has made me tired, but for the most part, I feel much better.

Sickness: It's been a week and 3 days since my last "sicky", so I am FINALLY hoping it has come to an end. :)  During the 17th week, I started not being able to open the fridge again, but I am just spraying Lysol into it before I open and it's better now.

Weight & Maternity Clothes: I'm up about +3 lbs from my start weight.  I was slightly obsessing over getting on the scale every morning when I woke up, so I'm decided to weigh only once through each week now.  I'm in to pretty much only maternity pants, but wearing some regular tops, some larger tops, and some maternity tops.  I'm trying to fit into some of my summery flowy dresses...but it seems the 'girls' have gotten too big to be able to squeeze into a XS or S dress. :) Hey, I'm not complaining...what a good perk for once in my life! HAHA

Cravings & Aversions:  I'm not really craving anything.  I've been eating a lot of candy lately, but I think that is due to my Easter basket. :)  I haven't had any caffeine since I found out {16 weeks ago!}, but today at lunch I had one small 'shot' of my Dad's coke and I said, "ahhh, heaven"; which then Colby quickly drank a sip of G-Daddy's coke and repeated my phrase. Ha!  Aversions are still Mexican food {SO SAD} and the fixing of any meat.

3 comments:

  1. Right after you go to bed, lay still, that is a good time to feel a little "kick"! At least it was for me. We had just laid down and I thought I felt him...I said to CB "I think I just felt the baby kick". I didn't know he heard me, but after awhile he said "did you feel ace kick?"....or something like that! After that time, I felt many such pokes, so I realized it was the first one. You looked great today...I loved your dress! Blessings this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! Only 3 pounds? That is really good! Can't wait to hear the gender and name!
    ILoveLucyJean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments! :)

    Cori - should I be gaining more?! I don't really know!!

    Debbie - that's usually when it happens, when I've been laying on the couch or when I get up in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...