Wednesday, June 1

Perfect Long Weekend!

I love 3 day weekends...especially when they include nice weather!

On Friday night we kicked off the weekend with shopping the Old Navy sale for summer prego dresses, t-shirts for Brian, and a very cute little outfit for next Fall for Harper! :) Everything in the store was $6 or under!  Then we went to P.F.Changs and had dinner. YUMMO!

Saturday morning I went with Amanda and Jordan downtown to the Farmer's Market for breakfast and home-grown food shopping while Brian played golf! We had the best time and I tried a new bread - green tomato bread! It was actually really yummy!  Then we all went to the pool to get some sun...and I ventured to wear one of my maternity suits! Although I was a little self-conscious the whole time, I made it! ha!  That night, Nick and Jordan joined us at Talon Winery for live music and brought own own picnic dinner. If you've never been, it's really fun! We love going. It's free to come and listen to the music and you can bring your own food and drinks or buy it there. {I'm pretty sure I've devoted many a posts to this place!}
Lion hair anyone? I will be getting it chopped, soon.



Sunday morning began very, very early with a trip to Sadieville, KY.  We do this every year... We visit the cemetery for a Memorial Day service outside with my Dad's side of the family.  Then, Hope had us all over to her home for brunch! It was super yummy! I also made a new recipe from the Southern Living magazine that I will share soon! Of course, we stopped by the Farm for just a second so Colby could ride on the tractor!
Later that day Brian and I went paint shopping for little Harper's room and got a few samples to try. Then we finished up one of our registry's and met Jordan and Nick, Alison and Nick at The Boathouse for dinner! It was still so hot outside, but sitting 'on the water' made it a little cooler!

Monday we woke up early (okay, I did...) and made breakfast burritos and watermelon for breakfast! yum! Then we painted a bunch of the different paint samples on the wall and actually found the perfect color! After we hung around the house a little more doing things, we headed up to the pool for just a bit, and then went and bought Harper's paint! {there was a sale that ended on Monday with 30% off at Sherwin Williams so we didn't want to miss out!}  We ended the weekend with a little cookout with just the two of us with burgers & grilled corn!
Alison &Jordan

Brian and me

our flowers are finally blooming!
This week is going to be crazy busy, but I'm just trying to make it through alive because next week is SUMMER for me!!!!! Woo hoo!

Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and we able to share it with friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Your flowers look great. And, you hair looks great too. :) You don't have lion hair. haha.

    Is that a two-piece with your baby bump? Cute!!
    ILoveLucyJean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no girl! It's a one-piece! I have a tankini maternity suit, but I don't think I'll be pulling it up! I think I'm too nervous to burn my belly!! :) Plus, I'm not sure I could rock the 2-piece look right now! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...