Tuesday, March 13

Sloppy Joe's in a Cup {recipe}

Ya'll, I'm a cooking fool again!

No, I kid.

But, I have been able to make pretty decent meals for the last several weeks! I'm back on planning weekly meals and making sure I get it all at the grocery {since it's not so easy to run in and out of the store with a babe!}.  Now, they aren't my meals that take a while...but still being able to give hubby a good {semi}home-cooked meal each night and saving us money does put a smile on my face!

I got this recipe from Plain Chicken. I love this site! I first found it through Pinterest, but then I started following her blog because she has so many easy recipes!  I'm not really into eating Sloppy Joe's, but it didn't taste like that. It basically tasted like a cheeseburger in a cup ~ even better! And, it took no time to make!

Sloppy Joe's Biscuit Cups

What you Need:
1 lb. ground round

1/2 cup ketchup*
4 tsp sugar
4 tsp mustard
4 tsp vinegar
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes {I didn't add this}
1 can (10-count) regular refrigerated biscuits (not Grand's)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook meat slowly in skillet. Drain and put back in skillet. Add ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook slowly over low heat for 10 minutes, to allow meat absorb the sauce.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits; place each biscuit in ungreased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup.
Divide meat mixture between biscuit cups. Top each biscuit with grated cheese.
Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
*I don't like the taste of ketchup, so I think next time I will make it with BBQ sauce!

I served it with sweet potato fries and cheesy broccoli noodles.

The little loved watching us eat this {haha} in her highchair! :)

*Find some of my recipes on the recipe tab {hoping to update that soon} or on the "What Do I Blog About" archive under RECIPES!

1 comment:

  1. Oo yum! My husband would LOVE these...might try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...