Friday, July 1

Book Club, Book Review, and a Recipe, Too!

I hosted Book Club for June this month.  Although I didn't make it as fun and fancy as last year's...it was still great to hang out with the girls!  We always end up talking for so long about the funniest topics and only the books for a little bit! :)

Unfortunatly I didn't get a picture of the girls, but we had a good group! Thanks Sarai, Shannon, Ann, Amanda, Jamie, and Loren for coming over!

I made Mexican Chicken Casserole, pasta salad, and July 4th Trifle.  My sweet friend Tiffany has been getting into making cakes and she was working on one and brought it over since she remembered me saying how much of a sweet tooth I have now! It was delicious and the perfect time to bring it over so I wouldn't eat the entire thing all by myself {although it was so good, I could have!}. It was a cute pineapple cake - I'll have to upload to picture later! I made a few changes to the Mexican Chicken Casserole this time ~ which I think I liked better.  I used Chili-flavored fritos instead of Doritos chips, and I had fixed Doritos Chips Chicken the night before, so I made a few extra breasts and then used that chicken diced in the casserole instead of plain chicken.

You know I don't exactly love reading books...well Sarai suggested A Bump in the Road by Maureen Lipinski.  IT.WAS.SO.GOOD!  I absolutely loved the book! It was seriously hilarious and there were SO many points in the book that I felt was totally my life right now! I would laugh out loud while reading and read Brian tons of sections of the book.  It's a total must-read in my opinion if you like light and fun books.  It is about a girl {who blogs, haha} who just found out she's pregnant. But I don't think you have to be pregnant to like it since a lot of the girls said they did like it and they are not currently prego!
{maybe I should make this my next give-away?}

And lastly, I found this YUMMY {and easy} 4th of July treat to make from Taylor Made
I made one for Brian's work yesterday as a little holiday treat and made another one for Book Club last night! It was super easy and very delicious!
What you Need:

Angel Food Cake (baked with love from the grocery store)
16 oz strawberries
1 container of blueberries
Strawberry Ice Cream (strawberry and vanilla swirl, Great Value Brand)
2 tbsp sugar
How to Make:-Set your Ice Cream out because it needs to be soft
-Wash and slice your strawberries and mix them with 1 tbsp sugar. Wash your blueberries and also mix with 1 tbsp sugar and let sit for about 20 minutes.
-Take your Angel food cake and slice it right down the middle horizontally.
-Then you layer in this order:
1/2 cake
strawberries
ice cream
blueberries
1/2 cake
(I had extra strawberries so I put them on top.)
-Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hrs and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...