Sunday, January 1

Resolutions 2012

So, if you've been following for a few years, you know I don't do resolutions, I do goals. :)

Here's a list of my goals from last year and in red is whether I met them or not. Check HERE
I LOVED my Goals list last year because I wrote them from different Bible verses which sort of helped me keep them a little better.

Well, as most of you guessed, my :) one was to hopefully get pregnant in 2011. Brian and I toasted on New Years night and kissed - we both whispered to one another we hope we can get pregnant this year. Little did we know it had already happened! I'm not going to do a year in review because, well, the birth of Harper trumped everything this year! haha!

2011 was a wonderful, wonderful year for my family.  We stayed healthy and had the birth of our daughter.  But for a few of my friends, 2011 was a really, really hard year.

So, in 2012 here's my prayers....
I pray a certain friend of mine is given her desire to become pregnant and have a baby.
I pray my family can stay healthy.
I pray for my small group and we will continue to do life together.
I pray I continue to be thankful for my life and show that to Harper.
I pray I make time and make sure Brian knows how much I value him and our marriage.
I pray for a content and peaceful heart as I transition into a working Momma.

Of course I want to make a resolution to lose more of the baby weight, but being realistic, I am just not going to be away from Harper even more by going to the gym.  I just got to buy a size smaller in jeans than what I was wearing, and I'm pretty happy with that! If I can stay in this size, I will be satisfied! I'm aware that I will probably never be the size I was, and it's ok! :)  I'm going to do what I can in my home to keep working on the weight!

I also wanted to say how thankful I am for this blog! Sounds so silly, right? I started it years ago to follow our engagement and building our first home and letting family read about it.  This blog has turned into so much more for me! I love looking back at my journaling and seeing where I've been or what I've learned.  I've also loved the 'friends' I've met through blogging. Your comments mean so very much to me - probably more than you know! I appreciate you taking the time to read about our life! 

Happy and Healthy New Years to YOU!


9 comments:

  1. I love to idea of goals rather than resolutions...I might actually stick to the idea of goals! :) Best of luck with all of your goals--I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for you and your family. I love your blog, and I'm so happy you're going to continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals. Cheers to 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 was so good to you! Love staying updated on your sweet family! Can't wait to see what 2012 brings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great goals. I am so glad I found your blog in 2011. I hope 2012 brings you pure joy.
    (I LOVE that cream outfit H is wearing with you- what is it??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know when you return to work but I will be praying for you!! I stay at home now but worked for almost 4 years after having my son and I know how difficult it is. It isn't easy AT ALL and people say it gets easier but I didn't find that...it's your child how can it get easier? But at the same time, it made me appreciate my time with my family and it was God's plan. Rest in His plan and You have a great job that will allow you summers and Christmases off!!! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year, and great goals! I love the idea last year of basing them off bible verses =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great goals! I will pray for your friend and her desire to become a mother, I know firsthand how difficult that can be and how strong that desire is. I will also pray for you as you go back to school, I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. I don't like thinking about it already and she's not even here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, what a good friend and person you are! I am blessed to have you in my life!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...