Sunday, June 20

Georgia's On My Mind {and a recipe}

B and I decided to take a quick trip to Atlanta this past weekend to visit his sister and her boys {one of which is only 3 weeks old!}.

B and Hayden have such a special bond. Ever since I became a part of this family, I was amazed at how Hayden remembers B without missing a beat. We don't get to see them as often as we'd like as we live 6 1/2 hours away from one another but that never phases their relationship. I guess I just remember how I was, and it would take me forever to warm up to anyone other than my parents/grandparents.

Hayden is almost 3 and he is all boy! He is so much fun running from one thing to another. He loves his trucks, too! I told B I need to get better at knowing how to play all these 'boy' games with all our nephews {we're up to 3 now!!}.
I got Hayden a cute bug catcher from one of my favorite Specialty Stores here. As soon as he received it, he ran outside. What did him and Uncle B find? A frog!! He later kept piling rocks into it. I'm just so glad it entertained him for a bit!



We also got to take Hayden to the pool. It was amazing how fearless this kid is! He kept jumping into our arms from the side and swimming to everyone!



I was {honestly} very excited about holding baby Cooper! It seems like Colby was out of the holding/sitting still stage so quickly that I couldn't wait to just have Cooper laying on me! He is such a sweet baby. B kept saying how much he looks like Hayden did. I wasn't around when Hayden was first born, so I can't tell. But what I can tell is that he's going to be just as cute! I kept asking to hold Cooper all day long. B was amazed at how long I was sitting still holding him. He was the easy-to-hold kind that doesn't fuss, just lays asleep. From what I hear that doesn't last long, but Aunt Megan likes that!



I also got Cooper a super cute seersucker Jon-Jon and pacifier clip from my favorite specialty store. They love golf just as much as B does so I knew it'd be perfect! I can't wait to see him in it!



I also wanted to share this super yummy dessert I made for the hard-working parents-of-two. My Dad's cousin's wife (right, Hope?!) makes this for all our family functions! I was so excited when she gave me the recipe for one of my shower gifts! I tried it out and it was delicious!

Strawberry Stuff:
What you need~
Large Angel Food Cake Loaf (or 2 half sizes)
1 carton fresh strawberries
1 carton strawberry glaze
1 large box of instant vanilla pudding
8 oz. fat free Cool Whip
3 cups cold Milk
How to make~
*Whisk together vanilla pudding mix and 3cups cold milk in a large bowl. Let set (about 2 min.)
*Cut Angel Food Loaf into 1 inch cubes
*Cut strawberries into fourths and mix in with glaze in a small bowl
*After pudding has set, mix in Cool Whip until smooth
*In a trifle bowl {we were traveling so you don't get to see how really pretty this dessert is!!!} layer angel food cubes, strawberries with glaze, and pudding/cool whip mixture. Continue to layer making sure the pudding mix is on top. Garnish with strawberries and serve cold.
Y-U-M-M-Y treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...