Wednesday, August 11

First Day Update

Today I started my 6th year of teaching.

I woke up at 5:15 am {of course with a night of no sleeping}, arrived at school at 6:15am, and left at 4:45pm.

I hope this is not a trend.

Then I came home to my mom and Granny waiting on me to show Granny my house, cooked a PF Changs dinner (SO EASY) for dinner, emptied the dishwasher, ironed my clothes, and wrote a few thank-you notes to some sweet kiddos who brought me desserts today. They must not be aware I'm trying to take off the extra weight I've gained since the wedding, not add on to it!

The day all in all was pretty good! I've got some good kids I think. They all listened pretty well, and of course the ones I had been warned about didn't seem like anything I hadn't seen before or couldn't handle.
I hope this IS a trend. :)

I also got this sweet little diddy from ProFlowers from my hubby. I can't wait to see what they will look like once they are bloomed!
and of course when my assistant saw these, she quickly reminded me of how much I used to HATE getting flowers sent to work in the past years...and she was right...but now, I don't get them all the time, and when they come from my hubby, and not a poor innocent guy I wouldn't give the time of day to, I know it means a lot!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, i remember when you got flowers with like a homemade card or something... hahahahahaha. glad you had a good first day! You will be such a light to your kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember when you got that valentine heart that a guy sent in with a KID! hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa. You wanted to die of embarrassment. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, yes, yes. What a nightmare! Do we also remember the guy who sent flowers on top of a candle for thanking me for going out with him? Poor soul... :) hahaha Sometimes I have no idea how I got through all that awkwardness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...